Pan Roasted Pork Loin Chops with Port Cherry Reduction
- 4 Thick Cut Pork Loin Chops
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 6 Juniper Berries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup Dow’s Tawny Port
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 1/2 cups fresh organic bing cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup organic dried cherries
- 2 Wilken & Sons English Christmas Preserves
- 1 tablespoon Organic Local Clover honey
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted organic butter
- Preheat oven to 450º
- Season chops on both sides with salt and pepper if desired. Heat olive oil and Juniper Berries in large saute pan over medium high heat until berries start to sizzle.
- Add chops and rosemary in the pan. Do not turn or move chops around. When they will lift easily from the pan; they are ready to turn. Approximately 6-8 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the chop. Place in over for 25 – 30 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, add 1 tablespoon butter to saute shallot. Adding a pinch each of sea salt and raw sugar.
- Cook shallot 2-3 minutes or until translucent. Deglaze pan with tawny port taking care to scrape up any browned bits. Drain pan drippings from chops and add.
- Add fresh cherries, ½ cup dry red wine, Wilken & Sons Christmas Preserves, and honey, Simmer and continue stirring until sauce is thickened.
- Whisk in butter to finish the sauce. Serve over chops.
Sage Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 24 oz. Fresh Organic Brussel Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Coat Brussel Sprouts with Oil, season and toss with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Roast in a 400° over for 20 minutes or until golden brown.